Despite technology revolutionising the future of ecommerce, the way we’ve bought and sold cars has largely remained the same for over three decades. Customers had no choice but to trek to their local car dealership to access the best vehicles and latest offers. But thanks to the Automotive Transformation Group, that is no longer the case!
With almost 50 years’ of combined industry experience, the Automotive Transformation Group is comprised of two internationally recognised brands – GForces and Autofutura. We are the first of our kind within the industry, creating more than just successful and user-friendly websites for car dealers and manufacturers. Our NetDirector® Suite delivers a seamless and omnichannel solution for all those within the sector who want to stand out from the evolving competition; offering state of the art technology and invaluable data insights to maximise vehicle sales!
Since completing this game-changing merger last summer, we are committed to creating new products, investing in new ventures and developing our teams to truly become a key innovator of change. There has never been a more exciting time to join us on this journey!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team and contribute to our industry leading platforms. You will work closely with other Software Engineers, Test Engineers, Frontend Engineers, Product Architects and Product Owners as part of an Agile Product team to drive our platforms forward, exploring new technologies and approaches to existing challenges.
- Designing and developing platform improvements in line with the business vision and technical strategy.
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of products and services.
- Peer and Code Review work of other team members.
- Contribute to building a culture of support, creativity and learning within your Agile product team and the wider Software Engineering community.
- Adhere to best practice principles for development, including source control, build, testing and deployment.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Current working experience of Object-Oriented PHP
- Good Knowledge of PHP framework principles
- Awareness of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery / Unit Testing / BDD / TDD
- Familiar with REST API principles
- Experience with MySQL database engine
- Familiarity and experience with Agile working practices
- Knowledge of and/or experience with AWS Services (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda)
Behavioural & Personality Competencies:
- Self-betterment; on-going personal and technical development.
- Logically minded with excellent analytical problem solving.
- Work well as part of a team or as an individual.
- Meticulous with a fine eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills including both verbal and written.
- Very reliable with ability to cope under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Drive for excellent results.
- Planning and Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Solid written and spoken English skills
- Ideally a Software Engineer with four or more years’ experience within their respective field.
- Building and managing APIs
- Experience in creation of technical documentation
- Backend development PHP / MySql
- Team leading / mentoring experience
- Working with Docker
- Building backend apps in Yii2 PHP Framework
- Working in a team with front-end and back-end split
- Working in a cross functional team
Position Reports To
Lead Software Engineer
- 21 annual holidays plus birthday off
- Up to 5 additional days holiday for long service
- 13th month salary counting from probation time
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Private Health Insurance for employee and dependent
- Social Insurance
- Regular socials and company events
- 5 aside football/yoga/swimming/boxing/workshop/yoga/badminton
- Flexible time
- Fun and friendly environment
- Free coffee/milk/detox drink/smoothies/juice/beer/wine/fruit/snack
- Fancy office with beautiful & fancy pantry/meeting room/working office
- Attractive and competitive Salary
Job Application Privacy Notice
Under the Equality Act 2010, we aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.