Despite technology revolutionising the future of ecommerce, the way we’ve bought and sold cars has largely remained the same for over three decades. Customers had no choice but to trek to their local car dealership to access the best vehicles and latest offers. But thanks to the Automotive Transformation Group, that is no longer the case!
With almost 50 years’ of combined industry experience, the Automotive Transformation Group is comprised of two internationally recognised brands – GForces and Autofutura. We are the first of our kind within the industry, creating more than just successful and user-friendly websites for car dealers and manufacturers. Our NetDirector® Suite delivers a seamless and omnichannel solution for all those within the sector who want to stand out from the evolving competition; offering state of the art technology and invaluable data insights to maximise vehicle sales!
Since completing this game-changing merger last summer, we are committed to creating new products, investing in new ventures and developing our teams to truly become a key innovator of change. There has never been a more exciting time to join us on this journey!
The Role of the Senior Test Engineer at GForces is to design, build, test, and deploy effective test solutions that help facilitate shared team goals. Working in a dynamic, cross-functional and multi-national Agile team comprising of varied stakeholders.
Test Engineers are involved with testing a range of different software products ranging in scope from complex analytical data structures from Amazon Web Services (AWS), to intricate data API’s as well as enquiry systems, CMS, and stock management platforms.
Primarily responsible for preventing defects by working with your team to build quality into the delivery process. Working with Software Engineers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to establish the testing requirements of the team.
Test Engineers will also contribute to the testing of newly developed features, and guiding defects through the evolution of branch through to release testing and deployment.
Taking part in agile ceremonies and planning activities the Test Engineer will be responsible for defining and implementing the tests that ensure the platform’s features are developed to meet the specified functional, performance, security, and reliability requirements. You will write test scripts, design and implement test processes, and managing their continued improvement to deliver scalable and maintainable tests building in automation where possible.
Implementation of automated scripts is important to developing new testing strategies to help improve the team’s efficiency and evolution.
- Working with your team to ensure quality is built-in throughout delivery.
- Working with Testers, Developers, and Architects to provide solutions which are consistent with the strategies of GForces on both Greenfield and Brownfield field projects.
- Providing input for planning and estimating work within the Agile Product Team.
- Analyse and contribute to requirements, test understanding, and establish testing requirements.
- Exercise GForces applications by selecting appropriate test methods for use during testing.
- Collaborating with Agile Team to ensure that test plans and cases are targeted effectively at the critical business and technical areas of a solution.
- Create, execute, monitor and maintain manual test cases, using test case management and automation tools.
- Proactively reporting on issues and problems to the team, logging issues, providing reports and status updates on software quality.
- Ensure test approach is in line with the business requirement as well as the Production strategy and standards – following agile principles.
- Ensuring own and team’s adherence to best practice principles including source control, testing, development, and deployment.
- Work independently, managing day to day workload and priorities, and taking accountability for direction and output.
- Communicating effectively with all roles within the Agile product team, conveying complex information and concepts to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Mentoring and coaching Test Engineers
- Contribute and maintain testing standards and procedures, including documentation
- Record and report on issues and key metrics
- Work with teams and clients to resolve issues during the delivery process
- Work with other seniors, leads and managers to enhance testing capabilities over all teams.
- 3+ Years experience in testing, with a combination of automated and manual experience
- Proficient in test automation
- Experience across testing layers - UI, API/Service, Data
- Understanding of design patterns, and implementation of test frameworks using web languages for testing web apps (e.g. POM)
- The ability to apply behaviour driven testing (BDD) / Test Driven Development (TDD) approaches.
- Confidence to mentor and coach team members and teams
- Highly proficient in requirements analysis and feedback
- Creating, maintaining and executing tests suites
- Proficient with MySQL or or other database technologies
- Proficient using Version Control Systems (GIT)
- Experience of using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, CodePipeline enabling automation at scale
- Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Proficient with MySQL or other database technology
- Experience with testing life cycle, writing test scripts and executing tests, as well as test environment management
- Proficient in black box testing, functional testing, integration, system testing, release testing, exploratory testing, and cross browser testing.
- Development experience / Experienced in web languages
- Skilled in Atlassian based products – JIRA Confluence and Bitbucket
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Experience of Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure & GCP)
- Experience of BrowserStack / CrossBrowserTesting / SauceLabs.
- Microservice Experience
- Serverless Experience
- Consumer driven contract testing
- Proficient in using Linux CLI / shell scripting
£35,000 per annum DOE
Position Reports To
Head of Software Testing
- 25 days holiday plus birthday off
- Up to 5 additional days holiday for long service
- GForces group pension plan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Regular socials and company events
- Flexible hours
Job Application Privacy Notice
Under the Equality Act 2010, we aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.