Despite technology revolutionising the future of ecommerce, the way we’ve bought and sold cars has largely remained the same for over three decades. Customers had no choice but to trek to their local car dealership to access the best vehicles and latest offers. But thanks to the Automotive Transformation Group, that is no longer the case!
With almost 50 years’ of combined industry experience, the Automotive Transformation Group is comprised of two internationally recognised brands – GForces and Autofutura. We are the first of our kind within the industry, creating more than just successful and user-friendly websites for car dealers and manufacturers. Our NetDirector® Suite delivers a seamless and omnichannel solution for all those within the sector who want to stand out from the evolving competition; offering state of the art technology and invaluable data insights to maximise vehicle sales!
Since completing this game-changing merger last summer, we are committed to creating new products, investing in new ventures and developing our teams to truly become a key innovator of change. There has never been a more exciting time to join us on this journey!
- Participate in evolving our platform to conform with AWS best practices
- Participate in evolving our platform to meet changing business needs and challenges
- Promote Consistent Operations via use of Run/Play Books and Automation
- Evolve, secure and maintain our cloud infrastructure and environments AWS)
- Work with the Customer Success and Technical Support team members to ensure correct focus and resolution of incidents within SLA objectives
- To provide accurate, detailed incident updates and communications promptly
- Lead/Participate in process improvement tasks
- Lead/Mentor others
- Maintain detailed configuration and technical documentation
- Assume proactive involvement in personal and technical development
- Achieving certifications in AWS to support the business in conveying competency in various technology stacks
- Support the planning and execution of tasks that fall in line with key strategic pillars which include security, performance, reliability, and cost optimisation
- Working with Solutions Architects to provide solution designs which are consistent with the strategies of G-Forces Web Management.
- Pro-actively looking for automation of repetitive tasks to ensure maximum team efficiency
- Providing input for planning and estimating work within the Agile Product Team
- Collaborating with Software Testers/Engineers to internal workflows continue unimpeded
- Working independently, managing day to day workload and priorities, and taking accountability for direction and output.
- Participation in the On-Call Rota
From £60,000 per annum
Office Based/Remote - UK
Position Reports To
Head of Cloud Engineering
Additional Application Requirements
On call rota agreement – when both parties agree capability is ready – 3-6 months.
Person Specification (Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required):
- Experience working on Production environments within an Amazon Web Services platform
- Good understand of AWS Security best practices.
- Should hold at least three AWS Certifications. One of them, ideally, being the AWS certified Security – Specialty and/or AWS certified Networking – Specialty
- Understanding of Change Control Management and ensuring it is always followed
- Basic understanding of client SLAs and contractual commitments related, and not limited, to;
- Storage and processing of client and personal data
- Data sovereignty
- Maintenance process’ including notice period and appropriate windows
- Change control and change audit logging
- Working knowledge of key metrics enabling ability to carefully monitor health and utilization of AWS resources at scale
- Understanding and execution of disaster recovery process’
- Understanding of deploying highly available, fault tolerant solutions
- Good awareness of cost optimization strategies ensuring all work carried out is appropriate considered
- Knowledge of Linux, CentOS/RHEL
- Good theoretical knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS, DNS and SSL/TLS
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Practical production knowledge of the core AWS Services (CloudFormation, EC2/ECS, RDS, S3, CloudFront)
- Working knowledge of API Principles
- Web Servers
- Linux Shell
- Version Control:
- Continuous Integration and Deployment Systems
- AWS Code Tools
Behavioural & Personality Competencies:
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Team Player and the ability to lead others
- Organized & self-sufficient
- Logical, methodical approach to problem solving
- Understand the importance of automation
- At least 4 years working with AWS
- Experience working independently to achieve common goals.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
- Product Architect
- Solutions Architect
- Cloud Architect
- 25 days holiday plus birthday off
- Up to 5 additional days holiday for long service
- GForces group pension plan
- Enhanced maternity and paternity
- Regular socials and company events
- Flexible hours
Job Application Privacy Notice
Under the Equality Act 2010, we aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.