Despite technology revolutionising the future of ecommerce, the way we’ve bought and sold cars has largely remained the same for over three decades. Customers had no choice but to trek to their local car dealership to access the best vehicles and latest offers. But thanks to the Automotive Transformation Group, that is no longer the case!
With almost 50 years’ of combined industry experience, the Automotive Transformation Group is comprised of two internationally recognised brands – GForces and Autofutura. We are the first of our kind within the industry, creating more than just successful and user-friendly websites for car dealers and manufacturers. Our NetDirector® Suite delivers a seamless and omnichannel solution for all those within the sector who want to stand out from the evolving competition; offering state of the art technology and invaluable data insights to maximise vehicle sales!
Since completing this game-changing merger last summer, we are committed to creating new products, investing in new ventures and developing our teams to truly become a key innovator of change. There has never been a more exciting time to join us on this journey!
The successful candidate will join the newly formed centralised Data Engineering team in ATG. The main responsibility of the team is to gather data from disparate parts of the business and push them into a centralised Data Lake. This requires the build and maintenance of new pipelines.
As a part of the team, the Data Engineer will be responsible for analysing data sources as well as building pipelines to gather the data. Processing and enriching data based on business requirements is also part of the responsibilities.
The successful candidate is expected to be a strong in communication and self-driven engineer with strong will to understand the data. Our Data Engineering team is strong enough to provide good support, but small enough that the successful candidate would see real impact on the Group’s products.
· Maintenance and development of Data Lake
· Maintaining existing Data Pipelines
· Building new Data Pipelines
· Improvements and extensions of current solutions
· Supporting BI and Business in querying Data Lake
· Experience in cloud (preferred AWS)
· Proficiency in SQL
· Understanding of Data Lake
· Knowledge of at least one modern programming language (Python/Scala preferred)
· Experience with Big Data technologies (Spark/Hive/Presto)
· Data pipelines orchestration (Airflow preferred)
· Basic knowledge regarding software development (version control/code quality/peer checks)
· Web analytics data understanding (desirable)
· Digital marketing understanding (desirable)
Behavioural & Personality Competencies:
· Open minded
· Good communication
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Team player
· At least 1-year experience in building Data Pipelines
· At least 2-year experience with Data Lake
· At least 2-year experience with maintaining Data Pipelines
· Senior Data Engineer
Bearsted, Kent UK
Position Reports To
Group Data Architect
Job Application Privacy Notice
Under the Equality Act 2010, we aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Your application was submitted successfully.