Despite technology revolutionising the future of ecommerce, the way we’ve bought and sold cars has largely remained the same for over three decades. Customers had no choice but to trek to their local car dealership to access the best vehicles and latest offers. But thanks to the Automotive Transformation Group, that is no longer the case!
With almost 50 years’ of combined industry experience, the Automotive Transformation Group is comprised of two internationally recognised brands – GForces and Autofutura. We are the first of our kind within the industry, creating more than just successful and user-friendly websites for car dealers and manufacturers. Our NetDirector® Suite delivers a seamless and omnichannel solution for all those within the sector who want to stand out from the evolving competition; offering state of the art technology and invaluable data insights to maximise vehicle sales!
Since completing this game-changing merger last summer, we are committed to creating new products, investing in new ventures and developing our teams to truly become a key innovator of change. There has never been a more exciting time to join us on this journey!
Overall Job Purpose / Role Purpose
As a Lead Test Engineer at ATG you are responsible for facilitating delivery of predictable and stable releases to production environments, within, and alongside Agile product teams.
You will help shape the testing approach within the company, working with the department head and seniors to establish and implement best practices across multiple delivery teams. Working directly with Test Engineers in coaching and mentoring capacity, being a role model across the department, setting high professional standards for performance and behaviour
Test Engineers at all levels are involved with testing a range of different software products ranging in scope from complex analytical data structures from Amazon Web Services (AWS), to intricate data API’s as well as enquiry systems, CMS, and stock management platforms.
Primarily responsible for preventing defects by working with teams to build quality into the delivery process. Working with Software Engineers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to establish and document the testing requirements of the team.
Test Engineers will also contribute to the testing of newly developed features, and guiding defects through the evolution of branch through to release testing and deployment.
Technical responsibilities include automation of features and key functionality, integrating automated tests into CI/CD pipelines, and ensuring the technology used to do so is effective and efficient.
- Working with head of department – keeping them up to date on progress
- Overseeing and ensuring testing best practice is being followed
- Working with your team to ensure quality is built-in throughout delivery.
- Analyse and contribute to requirements, test understanding, and establish testing requirements.
- Ensure test approach is in line with the business requirement as well as the Production strategy and standards – following agile principles.
- Helping to define, develop and standardise test strategies within your own and wider ATG teams.
- Communicating effectively with all roles within the Agile product team, conveying complex information and concepts to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Actively contributing to build a culture of support, creativity and learning within your Agile product team inclusive of the wider department.
- Review test cases to ensure maximum impact of testing
- Staff supervision and support - ensuring that they follow process and can complete their work
- Test environment specialist - responsible for creating and maintaining testing environment, using configuration files and setup scripts as well as database maintenance
- Ensuring own and team’s adherence to best practice principles including source control, testing, development, and deployment.
Experience and Skills
- 3+ Years experience in testing
- Experience of coaching, mentoring, or line management
- Strong communication skills – must be fluent in English written and spoken
- Experience across testing layers - UI, API/Service, Data
- Understanding of design patterns, and implementation of test frameworks using web languages for testing web apps (e.g. POM)
- The ability to apply behaviour driven testing (BDD) / Test Driven Development (TDD) approaches
- Highly proficient in requirements analysis and feedback
- Proficient with database technologies
- Proficient in API testing
- Experience with testing life cycle, writing test scripts and executing tests, as well as test environment management
- Proficient in black box testing, functional testing, integration, system testing, release testing, exploratory testing, and cross browser testing.
- Confident to code automated tests, scripts or small applications to assist testing or deliver teams
- AWS / Cloud Experience
- Maintaining Test environments
- Source Control Experience (GIT)
- Proficient Linux or Windows Command Line Interface
- Skilled in Atlassian based products – JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket.
- Experience of working with remote teams
- Microservice Experience
- Serverless Experience
- Docker exposureAutomating tests in Cypress or Codecept JS
- Building out CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience of Browserstack or similar – Automation & Manual
Behavioural & Personality Competencies
- Strong ability to Self-Manage
- Highly effective in team setting
- Confident to lead meetings – Department & Team
- Able to lead initiatives within VN office – Reporting findings
- People Person
- 21 annual holidays plus birthday off
- Up to 5 additional days holiday for long service
- 13th month salary counting from probation time
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Private Health Insurance for employee and dependent
- Social Insurance
- Regular socials and company events
- 5 aside football/yoga/swimming/boxing/workshop/yoga/badminton
- Flexible time
- Fun and friendly environment
- Free coffee/milk/detox drink/smoothies/juice/beer/wine/fruit/snack
- Fancy office with beautiful & fancy pantry/meeting room/working office
- Attractive and competitive Salary
Job Application Privacy Notice
Under the Equality Act 2010, we aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.